Accompanying Residents in Direct Provision
Eyre Powell in Newbridge, Co Kildare, is one of over 30 Direct Provision Centres in Ireland.
What are Direct Provision Centres?
- They are institutions in which people who come to seek refuge in Ireland are accommodated.
- They are run by private companies and receive government funding.
- Here they receive food and shelter while their application for asylum is being processed.
- The length of time this process takes varies from months to years.
- Some have waited for 10 years.
To see the local parish community outreach to residents of Eyre Powell, view this power point DD