Code of Behaviour
CODE OF BEHAVIOUR FOR OUR LIFE AND MINISTRY
SISTERS OF THE HOLY FAMILY OF BORDEAUX:
- Treat all to whom we minister with respect and courtesy.
- Respect the boundary of physical and emotional space that others require, using touch in a prudent and responsible way.
- Provide pastoral ministry in a sufficiently safe environment, ordinarily one that is open and visible.
Ensure whenever reasonably possible that another adult is present or close by when providing pastoral ministry to a child or vulnerable adult.
- In the event of pastoral outings, behave with due prudence that has the other as its central concern. Avoid staying in the same room or travelling alone with a minor or vulnerable adult.
- Avoid all inappropriate communication with children and vulnerable adults through the internet, e-mail, text messages or otherwise.
- Ensure that permission of parents/guardians is given when taking photographs and making videos or other recordings of children in the course of ministry to children.
- Avoid the use of the pastoral role to foster relationships of dependence and subservience, over familiarity with one child or vulnerable adult to the exclusion of others.
- Avoid any form of familiarity or inappropriate language that could reasonably be interpreted as harassment.
- Never serve any alcohol/ drug/substance to a minor without the express permission of the parent/guardian; never serve anything illegal.
- Never act in a way that is intended to shame, humiliate, belittle or degrade.